Alex Friedman's Playbook To 50k Followers On TikTok In 3 Months
Alex Friedman exploded on TikTok in a niche that’s still fairly small — startups.
She gained 10,000 followers in 34 days.
And 50,000 in 3 months.
There are 7 steps to Alex’s playbook that you can replicate.
1. Create For One
Alex created her ideal follower and what they’d consume:
This framework helps you reverse engineer what they need.
And convert it into bite-sized pieces of content.
2. How To Optimize For A Search Engine
TikTok is a story-driven search engine.
So, optimize for search-ability and create for shareability.
Because here’s how it works:
- An individual searches
- You create content for that search
- Your content is then categorized
- When that individual searches - your content appears
Make it searchable so they find it.
Make it great so they share it.
3. How To Create Content For A Search Engine
To create content for a search engine, you need to know what people search specific to a topic.
Cough - www.answerthepublic.com
Use this as the base of your content.
Here’s how to use it:
- Add one or two keywords specific to your niche
- Select 5-10 questions people search
- Use this to inspire your content
4. Creating Your Content Flywheel
Your audience will build your content flywheel.
- Create your content
- Encourage questions
- Audience asks questions
- You create content based on questions
5. Scaling Your Content
On TikTok, the majority of your content is reaching new audiences.
So, two notes from Alex:
- You do trends to reach outside of your audience.
- You create consistent content to keep your existing audience warm.
Here’s how Alex approaches her content:
Here are the steps:
1. Pick your niche
2. Determine your pillars
3. Create content types around your content pillars
Because the best creators can say the same thing in a variety of ways.
6. Manufacture Easter Eggs To Manufacture Engagement
Manufacturing easter eggs means adding something to your content that’s worth commenting about.
And it doesn’t necessarily need to be about the content.
Here’s how Alex does it:
7. 30 Days Of TikTok
Alex created a community of 100+ founders who all shared a common goal - growing on TikTok.
And created a challenge to repeat steps 1-6 for 30 days.